Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Full of Grace...

OK, so one of my fears came to life Friday night. I was in a car accident with all four kids in the car. We are all fine, however the story goes on. I am always wanting the kids to be exposed to different people...you know, not like us of our friends. So here goes. The man in the other car, very nice actually (ended up being an aquaintance of Johns)..no tag on his vehicle, says he has insurance (but no proof)has had two DUI's and just got out of a years time of jail. We all have thoughts about people like this. Be honest. I have friends who will NEVER incounter, much less be friends with any one who has been in jail. My children now personally know two and I think they are better for it. As I am thinking in my head of how I am going to explain this ...sweet Hartsel leans over and asks me, "Mommy, does he know the One True God?" Oh the faith of a child! As the story goes, he met the One True God in prision and truly loves Him and serves Him now. I'm out of a car this week, it is very nice to be still. "Every good and perfect gift is from above.." Meeting this man, truly a gift.

2 comments:

Beth Scott said...

WOW, Sarah! What an amazing testimony of what God can do through a situation we would normally think of as awful, i.e. car wreck. But isn't it great that God uses even the bad things to teach us and our children to grow us in Him?
I am very glad you are all ok. It's great to know that we are in the hand of God and in His Sovereign will all the time, even in a car accident.
Take care and give your kids hugs from me!
If you want you can check out my new blog: richandbethscott.blogspot.com
Love to add you on my list of friends :)
Beth

Jennifer Werneth said...

glad you all are okay. may God give us eyes to see others as He does - precious and loved! thanks for encouraging me!