Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sometimes I see the fruit

After yesterday, I wasn't sure what today would bring. Ellis came home from art camp throwing up and then Elizabeth threw up last night. John had just called and said he was going to run get a bite to eat (he was working on his paper in Mobile) and his phone was not working. Andrew was crawling around...literally in vomit (GROSS!) as I was trying to get all of it up. Anna Hartsel was being her normal "motherly" self and on her own accord getting wash cloths for the sick ones.
After a night like that you wonder what you will wake up to. I prayed "Be merciful to me O God" this morning as I thought about the day. I do not do vomit well. Anyway, everyone kept breakfast down and played nicely this morning. We even gathered fruit from the garden. Elizabeth sure did enjoy the watermelon. (Thank you, Lord for days like today. You have blessed me and prepared my heart once again!) He reminds me in John 15, "you did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide." Sometimes seeing fruit as moms is literal like watching my children enjoy the food from the garden and not throw up!

3 comments:

Bama Tregres said...

I enjoy your choice of scripture. It calms me down and applies to our house sometimes as well- you inspire me-TGT

Scotty & Lisa said...

That's terrible!! I'm glad that today turned out better!!

April Brown said...

Thankfully His mercies are new every morning...so much so it makes we want to go to bed at noon somedays!! Sometimes, you just want to hit restart!