Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another trip to the ER!

Some of you know by now that we have appropriately named Elizabeth Rose (initials ER). We have taken her to the Emergency Room at least 4 times in her 2 years of life. She is accident prone and is always trying to be like her 6 year old brother. Anna Hartsel on the other hand is a different story. She is very...what's the word...dainty. She does not like to be dirty, always likes to wear dresses and loves all the girly things. She is also petite for her age so delicacy is natural. She has never seriously been hurt....until Monday night. We were playing at a dear friend's house and she walked out in front of a "swinger". I was standing right there and saw the whole thing. She "caught wind" and landed hard on her head. Of course I ran right over and picked her little 30 lb. body up only to find her stiffen. I then looked at her face...tongue out, eyes briskly moving and she tee-teed all over me. The doctor's said it was basically like a boxing match...she got knocked out and seized. You can not imagine the thoughts that went through my head. After an exciting ride in an ambulance, lots of love from the doctors and nurses, we went home. My heart bleeds for Hope as I type this. God is in control, even when we think we are. What a hard concept to grasp.
Our dear Elizabeth, on the other hand, has yet another black eye. How she got it....I have not a clue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! When I first starting reading I thought I can't believe Sarah had to take Elizabeth to the ER again. Poor Anna Hartsel. It's amazing the different things that God puts in our paths. We all seem to have our struggles. Apparently you are suppose to become an expert at ER procedures.

I am so glad you started a blog. We don't get to catch up often enough seeing as we are both trying to keep up with 4 under 7. I look forward to hearing the things that are going on in your life.

Bama Tregres said...

Yikes! My stomach dropped as I read this! Hard to imagine. You and yours are in our thoughts -as always- so glad to se your blog. I am a baby blog addict- (there is a website for this!) Will put y'all as priority-

Jennifer Werneth said...

so glad that Anna Hartsel is okay. how scary! glad you're blogging too. the pictures of your little ones are stunning! love you
jen

April Brown said...

Sarah!! Wow...I can imagine the panic that must have rushed over you...it puts things in perspective! I too am so sad for Hope. I find myself thinking about her and her family alot and just praying for them. What a heavy burden they are carrying right now!

Love,
april